Fairfield Museum And History Center
The Fairfield Museum's vision is to use history to strengthen community and shape its future. We believe that history is a powerful platform for examining and understanding the civic values and responsibilities of our democratic society. As a public forum for the process of shared discovery, we will celebrate and cultivate the elements that create and bind community: complex stories from multiple points of view that explore the diverse legacies of our region. Success will be measured by people participating more actively, and in an informed way, to create a vibrant community.
Our mission is:
The Fairfield Museum and History Center believes in the power of history to inspire the imagination, stimulate thought and transform society. We connect people around the complex history of Fairfield and neighboring communities so that together we may shape a more informed future.
To accomplish our mission, we will create experiences that:
- Are authentic and trustworthy
- Make history personal, intimate and meaningful
- Present both varied and broad viewpoints about what makes us a community and a nation
- Make full use of the Museum's collections, archives and historic resources
- Explore history through the related disciplines of architecture, geography, sociology, economics, fine arts, etc.
- Encourage broader civic participation
Fairfield Museum And History Center is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media