The Plymouth Land Trust
The Plymouth Land Trust, Inc. is a local, non-profit organization formed to permanently protect land in Plymouth, Connecticut for its natural, recreational, scientific, scenic, historical, or agricultural value. The Land Trust is not a town agency. It depends on volunteers who care about conserving land for future generations.
The Plymouth Land Trust, Inc. is a 501 c (3) charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Service tax code.The Land Trust originated in 1967 with the donation of 25 acres. We now have almost 75 acres, all through donations by individuals who wish to leave a legacy of permanently protected land.
The "Walking Tour of Plymouth Center" is a full color guide to the village of Plymouth Center, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Tour features:
1. the Plymouth Burying Ground, with gravestones dating to 1749, and where 38 soldiers from the Revolutionary War are buried,
2. the Green, site of the beautiful 1838 Greek Revival Congregational Church,
3. historic buildings, including where George Washington stayed during the Revolutionary War, and a house that was a stop on the Underground Railroad for slaves seeking their freedom, and
4. the Carriage Shop Trail on the Land Trust property that leads to the large stone foundations of the 1850s Shelton Tuttle carriage factory.
The Plymouth Land Trust is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media