Catapult your family into the past at the annual Connecticut Renaissance Faire. Experience this enchanted recreation of a 16th-century harvest festival. Here you'll rub elbows with kings and queens as you explore a bustling marketplace. Watch continuous themed entertainment on nine stages including a real joust! Who knew history could be so exciting!?
Here is some of what the Faire has in store for you:
- Shop in New England's largest Medieval Marketplace filled with thousands of gift treasures sure to bring a smile
- Hear music from an age lost to time and learn traditional dances
- See live-flight birds of prey demonstrations
- Watch a master archer's skillful demonstration of the English longbow
- Learn what life was like for a knight or peasant at educational camps
- Feast like a king on turkey legs and other fares sweet and savory. Wash it down with a cold one from Thimble Island Craft Brewery
"Once upon a time," becomes the here and now as you compete in archery and ax-throwing contests. Get your face painted or adorn yourself with henna and hair braiding. Your family adventure awaits!